- PrestaShop Compatibility:
v188.8.131.52 -> v1.7.7.x
Offer the Apple Pay experience on your shop and increase your conversion rate!
Apple Pay, a synonym for simplicity and speed of payment
Your customers will no longer need to fill out long forms to indicate their banking, delivery and billing information before finally being able to validate their order. A simple touch or a glance on their iPhone, iPad or Mac or a double click on their Apple Watch will be enough to finalize their transaction on your site.
Our module further increases the speed of payment by allowing to display the button to buy in 1 click with Apple Pay directly from the product page and even from product list pages. Placing an order on your shop will never have been so easy and this will encourage your customers to come back to your site for future purchases.
Apple Pay, the guarantee of a secure payment
Apple Pay is PSD2 compliant and is safer to use than a credit card or traditional payment method. Each transaction requires biometric authentication (Face ID or Touch ID) or a passcode. In addition, Apple Pay guarantees the confidentiality of personal information. Apple does not store any data that can be used to identify your customers and as a merchant you never have direct access to their banking information. Everything is scrupulously encrypted.
Apple does not charge any additional fees
Installing and configuring the Apple Pay module on your shop is done in a few clicks. Apple will not charge you any additional fees.
The most innovative businesses offer Apple Pay
When Indiegogo's customers started using Apple Pay payment method for financing campaigns, the conversion rate of the company inceased up to 250%. OpenTable has implemented contactless payment with Apple Pay for ordering meals via its application and website. And Instacart was pleased to see that purchases were made 58% faster with Apple Pay than with other payment methods.
An easy, quick and safe payment method
- Secure transactions thanks to biometric authentication by Touch ID (fingerprint identification) or Face ID (facial recognition identification)
- Automatic customer account creation from data retrieved from the Apple account (billing and shipping addresses, contact information)
- Payment using banking information already stored in the customer's Apple account
- Refund or cancellation of an order placed via Apple Pay directly from your back-office in one click
- No additional charges by Apple
An extremely simple module configuration
- Automatic site certification process for Apple Pay payments when installing the module
- Choice of Apple Pay button style: black or white version, with or without "Buy with" text, with or without borders
- Possibility to display the buy with Apple Pay button on the product list pages (category, brand, supplier, search results, result pages of our module "Advanced Search 4", ...) and on the product pages, in addition to the shopping cart page and the last step of the order tunnel.
- Test mode available for testing before Apple Pay is available to your customers
What your customers will like
With Apple Pay, paying online has never been quicker, safer and more convenient.
Your customers will appreciate being able to place orders in one quick action with the Apple devices they use every day. They no longer have to waste time filling out their shipping and billing addresses and picking up their credit card so they can enter their number by hand. A simple touch or glance on their device will be enough to validate their order. Apple's guarantee of security and protection of personal data will encourage them to give preference to e-merchants who offer to place orders with Apple Pay.
Apple Pay is available for your customers using:
- an iPhone or iPad with Touch ID or Face ID and iOS 10 or higher
- an Apple Watch
- a Mac with at least macOS Sierra and Safari
- Apple Pay availability: Apple Pay is not available in all markets. For a list of countries that support Apple Pay, please visit this page : https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207957 For a list of Apple Pay's partner banks, click here : https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204916
- Stripe account required: Apple Pay for PrestaShop is using Stripe gateway which make its integration in your shop cheap and easy. A free account on stripe.com is required in order to offer Apple Pay payment on your website. No setup fees, monthly subscriptions or hidden charges. Transaction fees apply for each sale. For more information about Stripe's pricing: https://stripe.com/pricing Note: a verification of the eligibility of the merchant site by Stripe is recommended before purchasing the module. No refund of the module will be accepted if Stripe refuses to open an account.
- Server prerequisites: Apple Pay requires PHP 5.3.3 or higher and its cURL extension, in more of a SSL certificate.
- Work in complete safety: In order to ensure the compatibility of the Apple Pay module with the rest of your installed modules, we recommend to firstly install the module in a pre-production environment. Our Parachute service allows you to easily duplicate your shop on a test environment and secure your production releases, come and discover it! For example, you can test the integration of the Apple Pay module with your PrestaShop theme in complete security.
- Compliance with the GDPR: By installing this module you offer your customers the opportunity to make a payment thanks to Apple Pay’s service. This involves the recovery from Apple of the following personal data: lastname, firstname, e-mail address, phone number and postal address. Regarding this, we remind you that, as responsible for the use of personal data of your customers and visitors and in order to respect the new European General Data Protection Regulation, you must clearly inform your users of this, in an easily accessible documentation(e.g. your Terms and Conditions). You must provide them with the link that will direct them to your partner’s personal data policy. You also must inform them of their rights, in particular their right of opposition to the use of their personal data and the means to assert their rights. We decline all responsability in case of non-compliance with the above mentioned Regulation.
- E-commerce: Find all our advice on the daily management of your store but also on how to improve its visibility.
03/30/2021 - Version 1.1.2 (Minor update) - Prestashop 184.108.40.206 > 1.7.7.x
- Improve handling of quantity wanted value
- Improve handling of available quantity
01/28/2021 - Version 1.1.1 (Minor update) - Prestashop 220.127.116.11 > 1.7.7.x
- Add compatibility with PrestaShop 1.7.7
- Improve customer address management when using mandatory fields (DNI)
- Improve error message when the amount to pay is too high or too low
12/23/2019 - Version 1.1.0 (Major update) - Prestashop 18.104.22.168 > 1.7.6.x
- New: rework "Buy with Apple Pay" button integration
- New: auto-login on next payment (when possible)
- Improve SCA handling
03/12/2019 - Version 1.0.4 (Minor update) - Prestashop 22.214.171.124 > 1.7.5.x
- Various improvements
10/23/2018 - Version 1.0.3 (Minor update) - Prestashop 126.96.36.199 > 1.7.5.x
- Add compatibility with PrestaShop 188.8.131.52
- Fix buy process on products with combinations
08/21/2017 - Version 1.0.2 (Minor update) - Prestashop 184.108.40.206 > 1.7.4.x
- Add compatibility with PrestaShop 220.127.116.11+
- Fix timeout issues
03/10/2017 - Version 1.0.1 (Minor update) - Prestashop 18.104.22.168 > 22.214.171.124
- Fix possible conflict when using Stripe payment addon
09/20/2016 - Version 1.0.0 (Minor update) - Prestashop 126.96.36.199 > 188.8.131.52
- First version