- PrestaShop Compatibility:
v1.7.4.x -> v1.7.8.x
Robust and agency-recommended module, ranked in the best sellers on Addons since 2010
Do you have multiple product references, each with its own features and combination possibilities (colors, sizes, materials, prices, etc.)? Facilitate the navigation of your visitors on your site by installing multi-criteria filters and increase your conversion rate!
Few web users arrive on a site with a precise idea of the product they want to buy. However, they know their preferences, clothing size, budget, space for their new living room furniture, etc. To help them quickly find the ideal product, a filter search engine is essential. With just a few clicks, they enter their criteria and only see items that may match their needs.
With more than ten years of continuous improvements, installed on tens of thousands of stores, Advanced Search is the essential module to set up an efficient, ergonomic and fast filter navigation on your PrestaShop store, even for the largest product catalogs. Indeed Advanced Search has been developed with the aim of providing short loading times, even for catalogs containing several hundred thousand products.
A powerful and ultra-customizable filter search
In concrete terms, Advanced Search allows you to display as many different search engines as you want on the pages of your site. Multiple locations are offered to you and your technical contact can even position them in very specific places thanks to the use of widgets.
The module implements a multi-criteria search with numerous customization options to fully correspond to your needs and the type of products you sell. It has multiple functionalities that will allow you to make the customer experience optimal, such as, among others, the choice of the search perimeter, a fine management of the appearance of the filters or the display options of the search results.
With Advanced Search, your customers will be able to view products that match their search criteria with a minimum of clicks.
Advanced Search takes care of your SEO
In addition to its main function, the Advanced Search module is also designed to avoid duplicate content problems through non-indexable result pages.
If you want to go further in improving your SEO and increase your visibility thanks to facets, the PRO version of Advanced Search is for you! Indeed, it integrates a tool for generating pages optimized for your SEO, also called "facets". Thus, based on specific criteria on which you want to improve your SEO, the module generates the results pages and allows you to customize the meta tags, and other SEO elements.
Graphic pre-integration of the module in the best SEO theme on the market
To allow you to benefit from both an advanced faceted navigation module and an SEO and UX optimized theme, we have pre-integrated the module styles into the Fashion SEO theme from SEO Presta. Feel free to order this theme or upgrade it by visiting seo-presta.com.
What your customers will like
Advanced Search offers your customers an optimal user experience thanks to an ergonomic and powerful filter system. With just a few clicks, they can display the list of products that meet their criteria and find the product they need in a minimum of time.
INDIVIDUAL CONFIGURATION OF SEARCH ENGINES
You can create as many search engines as you want. The configuration of each search engine is done independently:
Configuration of the search mechanism
Search type configuration:
- search by filters among a selection of products:
- Configuration of the starting point of the search: current or specific category
- Possibility to activate the search among all levels of subcategories
- Possibility to search only among products in stock
- search by filters in the entire catalog
Note: the PRO version of the module offers another type of search: the step-by-step search. In a guided way, you ask your visitors to enter their search criteria in a precise order. The criteria are displayed and refined as the search indications are entered.
Search submission method:
- Instant search (as soon as a criterion is modified)
- Search by submission (the search is launched after clicking on a button, with the possibility of redirection to a page dedicated to the results). If only one result is found, an option allows you to redirect to the product page concerned
Configuration of the search engine appearance
- Possibility to give a public title to the engine (multilingual configuration) as well as an internal title (can be different from the public title)
- Possibility to customize the CSS classes to be applied
- Possibility to display the number of products found
- Possibility to display a reminder of the selected criteria
- Possibility to activate an automatic scrolling effect
Regarding the criteria groups (filters):
- Possibility to order the groups of criteria between them
- Possibility to hide empty criteria groups
- Possibility to hide implicit criteria groups
- Possibility to display a reset link for each group of criteria
- Possibility to make certain groups of criteria visible only when the user clicks on "Show more options"
Regarding the criteria:
- Possibility to display the number of products corresponding to each criteria
- Possibility to hide the criteria that do not lead to any result
- Selection of the display method for the out-of-bounds criteria: on mouse over, click or in an overflow block
Regarding the display of search results:
- Central column: configuration of the CSS selector and possibility to add CSS classes
- Possibility to match the image of the result with the combination meeting the search criteria
- Possibility to pre-select the combination found on arrival on the product page
- Possibility to set the number of results to be displayed per page
- Possibility to sort results by: name, price, position inside category, brand, quantity, date of addition, date of modification, sales
- Possibility to sort results in ascending or descending order
- Possibility to display a reminder of the selected criteria
- Possibility to write a customized description above the results (different for each language of the store)
Selection of the search engine location:
Available locations (hooks):
- Left column (displayleftcolumn hook)
- Right column (displayrightcolumn hook)
- Homepage (displayhome hook)
- Top of page (displaytop hook)
- Top of page full width (displaynavfullwidth hook)
- Custom (advanced user)
- Widgets (advanced user)
You also have the possibility to prioritize the display of a search engine over the others, if several engines are associated with the same location (hook).
By default, the search engine is displayed on all pages where the selected hook is present. However, you can restrict its visibility to:
- CMS pages
- special pages
CONFIGURATION OF THE FILTERS AVAILABLE IN EACH SEARCH ENGINE
Once you have created your search engine, you can select the groups of criteria (filters) that you want to offer to your customers and configure their display, independently.
Available criteria groups (filters)
Filters of type "Product Associations":
- All category levels (complete category tree, with configurable starting point)
- Subcategories (only the subcategories of the current category)
- Categories of level 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5
Filters of type "product attributes" and "product features":
- As many filters available as attributes created in the back-office (example: filters by color, size, ...)
- As many filters available as features created in the back-office (example: filters by composition, material...)
Filters of type "Product properties":
- Prices drop (products with specific prices)
- On sale (products with "On sale!" flag)
- New products
- In stock
- Avalaible for order
- Web only
- Product condition
Filters of type "Package properties":
Configuration of the appearance of the criteria groups (filters)
- Possibility to customize the name of the criteria group (multilingual configuration)
- Display method (depending on the filter type):
- Drop down menu with the possibility to add a text area to filter the values
- Links (simple, with color squares, value ranges, ...)
- Color squares
- Numerical ranges
- Category level depth
- Possibility of authorizing the combination of criteria within the same group of criteria (with choice of the AND/OR operator)
- Configuration of the maximum number of criteria to display
- Possibility to display the criteria by:
- alphabetical order
- numerical order
- number of products
- position in catalog
- custom position (manual sorting by drag and drop)
- Possibility to create custom criteria to group certain criteria by families (for example: all shades of red, etc...)
Note: The PRO version of the module (see link above) also allows you to add an icon to your criteria groups and to replace the criteria values by images (multilingual configuration).
COMMON CONFIGURATION FOR ALL SEARCH ENGINES
General settings of search engines
- Activation of the maintenance mode
- Cache activation
- Activation of automatic indexing when adding/editing/deleting items
- Activation of the active/inactive status sync of items with your criteria
- Possibility to reindex automatically (via a scheduled CRON task) all search engines or a specific search engine. Reindexing can also be started manually.
- Possibility to display the products of the subcategories
- Possibility to enable a blur effect when loading results
- Possibility to duplicate a search engine
- Integrated CSS editor with syntax highlighting
Results sorting options for the customer
In addition to the default sorting options of PrestaShop, the module allows you to propose to your customers a sorting of the results by:
- Relevance (reverse)
- Date added
- Update date
Display the product combinations found as separate products
By default, if several product combinations match the search criteria, the module displays the cheapest combination in the result list. Please note that if you combine Advanced Search 5 with the Products by attributes module you have the possibility to display all the combinations found as separate products.
- Note: In order to use the Advanced Search 5 module, you will need to disable the "Faceted Search" PrestaShop native module. Both modules can't be used at the same time.
- Work in complete safety: In order to ensure the compatibility of the Advanced Search 5 module with the rest of your installed modules, we recommend to firstly install the module in a pre-production environment. Our Parachute service allows you to easily duplicate your shop on a test environment and secure your production releases, come and discover it! For example, you can test the integration of the Advanced Search 5 module with your PrestaShop theme in complete security.
05/2/2022 - Version 5.0.1 (Minor update) - Prestashop 1.7.4.x > 1.7.8.x
- Improve Fuzzy Search compatibility
- Prevent double event when using selectize & improve search on select when enabled
- Fix behaviour keep of category information option
- Fix saving of interval or range group not keeping range sign/interval
04/14/2022 - Version 5.0.0 (Minor update) - Prestashop 1.7.4.x > 1.7.8.x
- Drop PrestaShop 1.6 support. Version 1.7.4 is now the lowest version compatible
- Rework the BackOffice UI to match PrestaShop latest versions
- Improve performances on big catalog and/or with a lot of criterion
- Improve search performance when using multiple criterion from different criterion groups
- Improve performance when displaying products from subcategories
- Introduce new search mode allowing to redirect on a dedicated results page (useful for homepage searches)
- Introduce breadcrumb on search results pages (CMS, Brand, Supplier…) in order to find the original page easily
- Introduce new sort orders from Advanced Search on category pages when display products from subcategories is enabled
- SEO: Adding of alternate_langs meta tags
- SEO: Improve URL structure when using pagination
- Handle category restrictions on customer groups
- Handle access rights on categories
- Handle weight impact on the default product combination
- Handle specific prices which modify the original product price
- Handle current customer group for the "On sale" criterion group
- Introduce compatibility with new text-based search modules (iqitsearch, prestasearch)
- Minor bug fixes and improvements