- PrestaShop Compatibility:
v18.104.22.168 -> v1.7.7.x
Bring your shop into compliance with the new guidelines and the recommendation of the CNIL, effective as of March 31, 2021
Advanced Cookie Banner is THE ONLY module for PrestaShop compliant with the latest regulations, such as the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) of May 2018, which makes it mandatory to collect the informed consent of visitors regarding the installation of cookies on their browser, or the recommendation of the CNIL of October 2020 regarding the methods of application of the law. We continually update the module as new laws are passed. For example, it will be compliant with the European ePrivacy (ePR) regulation on the protection of personal data when it comes into force (an update to a major version of the module will be required).
In accordance with Google's official interstitial guidelines, it has been fully developed to comply with the law while providing the best possible user experience. Not only does the module allow you to display a request for authorization to set cookies, but it goes much further: your visitors have the possibility, in a very simple and quick way, to accept or refuse in 1 click all cookies or to choose the type of cookies (statistics and/or marketing) which they authorize the installation. This gives them full autonomy and should increase their satisfaction and therefore your reputation. The modules whose visitors have refused the installation of cookies on their terminal will be blocked in order to respect their wishes.
In practice, back-office side, the module offers you to sort the modules between those which don't need user consent to run and those that require it before being activated. For these latter, you can separate them into two types of cookies: those for statistical purposes and those for marketing ones. When a visitor arrives on your site he has the possibility to accept one of the two modules types, neither of the two or both.
Optimized for mobile, Advanced Cookie Banner will allow you to bring your shop into compliance whatever the device (computer, smartphone, tablet, ...), the operating system or the browser used.
Behind this "cookie blocker" feature, there is a technical challenge... Indeed, all modules that offer this feature have chosen the easiest way, and modify the PrestaShop's default behavior by installing an override in the core of your shop. But, overrides can be more problematic than the solution they are supposed to give you. This is why, we choose with our "Advanced Cookie Banner" module, not to use any overrides. We offer you a reliable and robust module.
Compliance with the European directive on cookies
- Includes the default warning messages translated into 24 languages
- Prevents back-office selected modules from cookies installation until the user expresses his choice
- Possibility for the visitor to accept only the cookies for statistical analysis purposes or only those for marketing purposes. He can also refuse or accept both types of cookies.
- Once the banner is closed, the module doesn't enable the modules whose cookies installation has been explicitly refused by the user.
- Prevents the selected modules from creating cookies during the first visit on your shop.
- The module allows you to keep a history of the consents as proof in case of control of the CNIL
- The visitor can easily withdraw his consent at any time through a dedicated link
Concerned about user's experience
- Initially designed for mobiles
- The consent buttons have a size which matches a finger size
Acceptance by clicking a button
- Banner (or mobile interstitial) display with informational text, checkboxes to specify the type of cookies allowed, and approval or rejection buttons.
- Compliant with the new recommendations of the CNIL: display of 3 clear buttons allowing in one action to accept all, refuse all or choose only marketing or statistical cookies.
- In order to comply the law, the other pages consultation isn't considered as a form of consent, and this will not unblock the modules submitted for approval by the user
- Clicking on one of the accept/refuse buttons will trigger the refresh of the current page, the removal of the banner, and the immediate placement of cookies accepted by the user. Modules whose cookies installation has been refused by the user remain blocked.
Respect of your site's SEO
"Advanced Cookie Banner" detects the passage of search engine crawlers, such as Google, on your site and, in this case, will neither display the banner nor block the modules. Your site will be properly explored and there will be no impact on your SEO.
- Choice of banner position (top or bottom)
- Choice of banner background color and opacity
- Choice of text color and alignment within the banner
- Choice of the color of the action buttons
- Choice of the size and color of the labels of the action buttons
- Simulation Mode, allowing merchant to customize the banner without disturbing its customers
- "Advanced styles" tab to completely customize the banner/interstitial design (CSS editor)
- Multi-shop compatible
- Without overrides
- Segmentation of the modules into three types: modules that don't require user consent, modules which install cookies for statistical purposes (subject to consent) and modules which install cookies for marketing purposes (subject to consent)
- Choice of the CMS page to which redirect the visitor from the banner/interstitial
- Note: We decline any responsibility in case of wrong configuration of the module, or if you forget to block modules that are using cookies to collect personal data.
- PrestaShop compatibility: PrestaShop 1.7 compatibility is only available from version 22.214.171.124
- Work in complete safety: In order to ensure the compatibility of the Advanced Cookie Banner module with the rest of your installed modules, we recommend to firstly install the module in a pre-production environment. Our Parachute service allows you to easily duplicate your shop on a test environment and secure your production releases, come and discover it!
04/14/2021 - Version 2.1.2 (Minor update) - Prestashop 126.96.36.199 > 1.7.7.x
- Improve styles on small & medium mobile devices
- Update translations
03/24/2021 - Version 2.1.1 (Minor update) - Prestashop 188.8.131.52 > 1.7.7.x
- Consent historization in database
- Add a link allowing customers to reset their consent
- GDPR mode is now the default for the module
03/8/2021 - Version 2.1.0 (Minor update) - Prestashop 184.108.40.206 > 1.7.7.x
- Compatibility with PrestaShop >= 220.127.116.11
- Compatibility with PHP 8
- Introduce buttons to Accept/Deny all cookies at once
- Fix checkboxes alignment on mobile with PrestaShop 1.6
- Fix a case where the Advanced Styles tab would not be displayed after clicking on its tab
11/8/2019 - Version 2.0.1 (Minor update) - Prestashop 18.104.22.168 > 22.214.171.124
- Add a warning if the module is into simulation mode
- Add compatibility with Page Cache
- Update translations
06/20/2018 - Version 2.0.0 (Major update) - Prestashop 126.96.36.199 > 1.7.6.x
- New: Cookies segmentation (GDPR)
- New: Advanced CSS Styles
- New: Label CMS link
- Various fixes
11/20/2017 - Version 1.0.1 (Minor update) - Prestashop 188.8.131.52 > 1.7.5.x
- Add new translations
- Fix for PrestaShop 1.7
11/24/2016 - Version 1.0.0 (Minor update) - Prestashop 184.108.40.206 > 220.127.116.11
- First version