- PrestaShop Compatibility:
v1.7.4.x -> v8.1.x
NEW: complies with new Spanish regulations on cookie consent (in force since January 11, 2024)
Advanced Cookie Banner is THE ONLY module for PrestaShop compliant with the latest regulations, such as:
- the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) of May 2018, which makes it mandatory to collect the informed consent of visitors regarding the installation of cookies on their browser
- the new AEPD (Spanish Data Protection Agency) guidelines on cookie consent (in force since January 2024)
We continually update the module as new laws are passed. For example, it will be compliant with the European ePrivacy (ePR) regulation on the protection of personal data when it comes into force (an update to a major version of the module will be required).
In accordance with Google's official interstitial guidelines, it has been fully developed to comply with the law while providing the best possible user experience. Not only does the module allow you to display a request for authorization to set cookies, but it goes much further: your visitors have the possibility, in a very simple and quick way:
- to accept or refuse in 1 click all cookies
- to choose the type of cookies (statistics and/or marketing) which they authorize the installation
- to personalize their choice by selecting one by one the modules for which they authorize the installation of cookies
This granularity of consent gives them full autonomy, which should increase their satisfaction and therefore your reputation. Modules whose visitors have refused the installation of cookies on their terminal will be blocked in order to respect their wishes.
An easy configuration and a module technically designed without overrides
In practice, back-office side, the module offers you to sort the modules between those which don't need user consent to run and those that require it before being activated. For these latter, you can separate them into two types of cookies: those for statistical purposes and those for marketing ones. When a visitor arrives on your site, he or she has the option of accepting one of the two types of modules, both, neither, or of customizing the selection of modules individually.
Optimized for mobile, Advanced Cookie Banner will allow you to bring your shop into compliance whatever the device (computer, smartphone, tablet, ...), the operating system or the browser used.
Behind this "cookie blocker" feature, there is a technical challenge... Indeed, all modules that offer this feature have chosen the easiest way, and modify the PrestaShop's default behavior by installing an override in the core of your shop. But, overrides can be more problematic than the solution they are supposed to give you.
This is why, we choose with our "Advanced Cookie Banner" module, not to use any overrides. We offer you a reliable and robust module.
Compliance with the European directive on cookies
- Includes the default warning messages translated into 24 languages
- Possibility of customizing the warning message
- Prevents back-office selected modules from cookies installation until the user expresses his choice
- Possibility for the visitor:
- to accept or refuse all cookies in one click
- to accept only the cookies for statistical analysis purposes or only those for marketing purposes
- to select in detail the modules for which he want to authorize cookies
- Once the banner is closed, the module doesn't enable the modules whose cookies installation has been explicitly refused by the user.
- The module allows you to keep a history of the consents as proof in case of control of the CNIL (proof of consent can be exported in json or CSV format)
- The visitor can easily withdraw his consent at any time through a dedicated link (in the footer or in his customer account if he has one)
- No design difference between accept and refuse buttons (to comply with European legislation)
Concerned about user's experience
- Initially designed for mobiles
- The consent buttons have a size which matches a finger size
Acceptance by clicking a button
- Display of a banner (or interstitial on mobile) with information text, checkboxes to specify the modules (or type of modules) authorized to set cookies, and approval or refusal buttons
- Compliant with CNIL and AEPD directives: display of 3 clear buttons allowing in one action to accept or refuse all cookies, or to choose only marketing or statistical cookies. There's also a link to a configuration table for customizing the choice of modules authorized to set cookies, on an individual basis.
- In order to comply the law, the other pages consultation isn't considered as a form of consent, and this will not unblock the modules submitted for approval by the user
- Clicking on one of the accept/refuse buttons will trigger the refresh of the current page, the removal of the banner, and the immediate placement of cookies accepted by the user. Modules whose cookies installation has been refused by the user remain blocked.
Respect of your site's SEO
"Advanced Cookie Banner" detects the passage of search engine crawlers, such as Google, on your site and, in this case, will neither display the banner nor block the modules. Your site will be properly explored and there will be no impact on your SEO.
- Choice of banner position (top or bottom)
- Choice of banner background color and opacity
- Choice of banner message color, size and alignment
- Choice of banner border color and thickness
- Choice of the background color of the action buttons
- Choice of the size and color of the labels of the action buttons
- Simulation Mode, allowing merchant to customize the banner without disturbing its customers
- "Advanced styles" tab to completely customize the banner/interstitial design (CSS editor)
- Multi-shop compatible
- Without overrides
- Segmentation of the modules into three types: modules that don't require user consent, modules which install cookies for statistical purposes (subject to consent) and modules which install cookies for marketing purposes (subject to consent)
- Choice of the CMS page to which redirect the visitor from the banner/interstitial
- Proof of consent can be exported in json or CSV format
- Note: We decline any responsibility in case of wrong configuration of the module, or if you forget to block modules that are using cookies to collect personal data.
- PrestaShop compatibility: PrestaShop 1.7 compatibility is only available from version 184.108.40.206
- Work in complete safety: In order to ensure the compatibility of the Advanced Cookie Banner module with the rest of your installed modules, we recommend to firstly install the module in a pre-production environment. Our Parachute service allows you to easily duplicate your shop on a test environment and secure your production releases, come and discover it!
01/22/2024 - Version 4.0.2 (Minor update) - Prestashop 1.7.4.x > 8.1.x
- Fix a scrollbar display issue with the consent configuration panel
- Improve configuration labels
01/11/2024 - Version 4.0.1 (Minor update) - Prestashop 1.7.4.x > 8.1.x
- Fix: fix a display issue with the new configuration panel
12/29/2023 - Version 4.0.0 (Major update) - Prestashop 1.7.4.x > 8.1.x
- New: A configuration panel is now available from the banner, allowing individual consent for each module.
- New: CSV format is now available for the consent export.
- New: [Developers] A new getModuleAuthorization method is available to check if your module has been allowed by the customer, and in which category they are in (mandatory/marketing/analytics).
- Improvement: Added an option to enable/disable the automatic display of the revoke consent link in the footer.
- Improvement: Removed the color inversion of the Accept all button, as it's considered a dark-pattern.
- Improvement: A warning will now be displayed if the AP Page Builder module is detected. Our module must be added manually in their configuration.
- Improvement: Updated default value of the "Classes to apply to the button" to better handle some themes.
- Bug fix: Handle a case where an exception could occur if the theme replaced the native $link variable.
- Other minors bugfixes/improvements.
07/21/2023 - Version 3.0.2 (Minor update) - Prestashop 1.7.4.x > 8.1.x
- New: Compatibility with PrestaShop 8.1
- The Advanced Styles CSS file is now included whether the banner is shown or not
- Add an ID on the container of the revoke consent link in the footer
- The module now ignores Chrome Lighthouse requests (won't intervene at all, like we do for crawlers)
11/17/2022 - Version 3.0.1 (Minor update) - Prestashop 1.7.4.x > 8.0.x
- Fix a case where the modules would not get blocked after the consent has been given
10/25/2022 - Version 3.0.0 (Major update) - Prestashop 1.7.4.x > 8.0.x
- PrestaShop 8 compatibility
- The minimal version required is now PrestaShop 1.7.4
- Compatible with Widget mode: implement the module wherever you want if the default position doesn’t suit you
- Stored consents can now be exported directly from the module configuration
- The referrer is now properly handled when used with our « Google Analytics : GA4 and Universal Analytics » module (v2.0.7)
- The default hook is now displayFooterAfter (previously displayFooter)
- A new option lets you set custom CSS classes on the banner
- Added a confirmation message when a customer revokes their consent
- Default modules are now categorized automatically on installation
- Removed the legacy non-GDPR mode
- Fixed a bug where the text settings would not apply to list elements in the banner
- Fixed a case where the reset consent link would appear in the customer account page when they hadn’t given one yet
- The configuration is not erased anymore upon resetting the module
- Fixed a bug where the assets of the module would not be included in the BackOffice if the module was disabled
- Prevent a case where the Google Analytics script would collect a click and thus set a cookie value when using the reset consent link
- Fixed a bug where the buttons would get a white font color
- Consent levels stored in our table are now deleted when the associated Guest/Customer is deleted
10/7/2021 - Version 2.1.6 (Minor update) - Prestashop 1.7.4.x > 1.7.7.x
- Fix a case where the consent historization could not use the current guest ID
- Revert a change we made in a previous version on the container class added to the banner
09/22/2021 - Version 2.1.5 (Minor update) - Prestashop 220.127.116.11 > 1.7.7.x
- Fixes for PrestaShop < 1.7
09/17/2021 - Version 2.1.4 (Minor update) - Prestashop 18.104.22.168 > 1.7.7.x
- Fix upgrade process
09/13/2021 - Version 2.1.3 (Minor update) - Prestashop 22.214.171.124 > 1.7.7.x
- Introduce a new option allowing the merchant to set a list of custom cookies to remove when the consent is revoked
- Introduce existing cookies removal when removing consent
- Performance improvements
04/14/2021 - Version 2.1.2 (Minor update) - Prestashop 126.96.36.199 > 1.7.7.x
- Improve styles on small & medium mobile devices
- Update translations
03/24/2021 - Version 2.1.1 (Minor update) - Prestashop 188.8.131.52 > 1.7.7.x
- Consent historization in database
- Add a link allowing customers to reset their consent
- GDPR mode is now the default for the module
03/8/2021 - Version 2.1.0 (Minor update) - Prestashop 184.108.40.206 > 1.7.7.x
- Compatibility with PrestaShop >= 220.127.116.11
- Compatibility with PHP 8
- Introduce buttons to Accept/Deny all cookies at once
- Fix checkboxes alignment on mobile with PrestaShop 1.6
- Fix a case where the Advanced Styles tab would not be displayed after clicking on its tab
11/8/2019 - Version 2.0.1 (Minor update) - Prestashop 18.104.22.168 > 22.214.171.124
- Add a warning if the module is into simulation mode
- Add compatibility with Page Cache
- Update translations
06/20/2018 - Version 2.0.0 (Major update) - Prestashop 126.96.36.199 > 1.7.6.x
- New: Cookies segmentation (GDPR)
- New: Advanced CSS Styles
- New: Label CMS link
- Various fixes
11/20/2017 - Version 1.0.1 (Minor update) - Prestashop 188.8.131.52 > 1.7.5.x
- Add new translations
- Fix for PrestaShop 1.7
11/24/2016 - Version 1.0.0 (Minor update) - Prestashop 184.108.40.206 > 220.127.116.11
- First version