Do you sell household appliances or multimedia equipment? The Energy Label and Repairability Score modules are essential for bringing your online store into legal compliance. That's why we've combined the two modules in a discounted pack, so you can equip your shop at a lower price.
From March 1, 2021, the new energy label must be displayed on all relevant appliances (list available on label2020.eu), whether in physical stores or online. The new labels are being introduced gradually, as European Union regulations come into force, but will eventually apply to all appliances. So it's essential to bring your online store into compliance now.
A new label more representative of current energy performance
Introduced by the European directive of 1992, the energy label aims to better inform consumers about the energy consumption of the appliances they use, and to encourage more responsible consumption by directing them towards the most energy-efficient products. At the same time, it aims to encourage manufacturers to innovate and produce increasingly energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly appliances.
In 2021, a "third-generation" energy label was introduced. This label represents a new classification of appliances, from A to G, more representative of the state of current technologies and the diversity of appliances. It incorporates new, stricter environmental objectives, with particular emphasis on eco-design, repairability and recyclability. The new energy label is also easier to read and understand for consumers, who are increasingly aware of the environmental impact of the appliances they buy.
The new A to G ratings apply to a number of appliance categories, including (but not limited to):
- Refrigerators and freezers
- Wine storage refrigerators
- Washing machines and washer-dryers
- TVs and electronic displays
- Light sources
You can consult the list of appliances concerned on the official label2020.eu website.
In addition to an A to G rating, a new design and clearer pictograms, the new energy label must also be accompanied by an information sheet containing full details of appliance performance, supplied by manufacturers (EPREL energy label European database).
An extremely easy-to-configure module
Our "Energy Label" module enables you to comply with the law by displaying the energy class of your appliances, on product pages as well as on product list pages.
It also enables you to attach, behind each product energy label, the complete energy label including the scale and pictograms of the appliance's technical characteristics. The EPREL information sheet can be inserted as an attachment to your product pages.
Finally, by adding the "Energy label" sorting criterion to your search filters, you can enable your visitors to make their selection based on product energy performance. In this way, while complying with the law, you gain the trust of your visitors thanks to your transparency on the environmental impact of the products you offer.
These multiple benefits will contribute to an increase in your conversion and customer satisfaction rates.
What your customers will like
Increasingly sensitive to environmental issues, and keen to make savings on their electricity consumption, your customers will be reassured to have quick and easy access to information on the energy consumption of the appliances in your online store.
AN EASY-TO-USE MODULE
- Automatic creation of an "Energy label" feature group when the module is installed
- Official energy class labels (arrows from A to G) generated automatically
- Input of product energy class values via features from the back office, a CSV import, or your ERP system
- The full energy label (with scale and pictograms) and the EPREL product information sheet can be attached to each product file in the back office. Your customers can access the full label by clicking on the reduced-size energy label, and download the product information sheet via the list of documents attached to the product.
CLEAR DISPLAY IN ACCORDANCE WITH MANDATORY SIGNAGE
- Display of energy class using official signage: coloured label in the form of an arrow, with product class and scale
- Official color codes used, from dark green (A) to red (G) according to energy class value
- Display of energy labels on product list pages: category, brand, supplier, search results, etc.
- Energy label position: place the energy label where you want thanks to the widget mode! By default, on a product page it will be positioned on the displayProductAdditionalInfo hook (under the add to cart button) and on a product list page, it will be positioned on the displayProductListReviews hook
- Compatible with Quick View mode
POSSIBILITY TO USE THE ENERGY CLASS AS A FILTER CRITERION
Integrate the "energy class" criterion in your filter search modules to allow a selection of products according to their energy consumption! For full compatibility with "Energy Label", we recommend our "Advanced Search 5" module. If you also want to improve your SEO ranking, for example on queries that include certain energy classes, find out the Pro version of Advanced Search 5.
COMBINE "REPAIRABILITY SCORE" AND "ENERGY LABEL" FOR PERFECT REGULATORY COMPLIANCE
For certain categories of appliances, such as washing machines or TVs, you must also display the Repairability Score. Our "Energy Label" module is fully integrated with our "Repairability Score" module, which displays the repairability score for appliances subject to the regulations. Don't hesitate to combine the two for perfect compatibility!
- Official documentation: Here you'll find a list of appliances for which energy class labelling is mandatory.
- Work in complete safety: In order to ensure the compatibility of the Energy Label module with the rest of your installed modules, we recommend to firstly install the module in a pre-production environment. Our Parachute service allows you to easily duplicate your shop on a test environment and secure your production releases, come and discover it! For example, you can test the integration of the Energy Label module with your PrestaShop theme in complete security.
Since January 1, 2021, it has been mandatory to display the repairability index of certain electrical and electronic equipment, for French consumers.
Do you sell in France? This module is essential for you!
The repairability score is a rating out of 10, awarded by the manufacturer of the device according to criteria set up by the French Ministry of Ecological Transition. It informs the consumer about the ease of repair of an appliance before purchase. This measure was taken as part of the anti-waste law enacted on February 10, 2020.
For the moment, this government measure only applies to the following product categories: washing machines, televisions, smartphones, laptops and lawnmowers.
Consumers are increasingly favoring e-commerce sites highlighting the ability of the products to be easily repaired, in order to limit the production of waste and the waste of natural resources.
Our "Repairability Score" module allows you to display the repairability score on the product pages as well as on the product list pages. It also allows you to attach, behind each product score, the presentation file of the parameters used to establish it. Finally, by adding this sorting criterion to your search filters, you will allow your visitors to make their selection based on the repairability of the products. Thus, while complying with the law, you gain the trust of your visitors with your transparency on the sustainability of the products you offer.
These multiple advantages will contribute to an increase in your conversion and customer satisfaction rates.
Benefits for your customers
Increasingly sensitive to the environmental cause, and eager to fight against the programmed obsolescence of certain products, your customers will be reassured to be able to evaluate the repairability of their next appliance and this will help them in their purchasing decision.
A VERY EASY TO USE MODULE
- Automatic creation of a "Repairability Score" feature group when installing the module
- Input of the indices possible via features from the BackOffice, a CSV import, or your ERP
- Possibility to attach the document detailing the establishment of each score directly through each product file in the back office. Your customers will be able to download it simply by clicking on the score of a product.
POSSIBILITY TO USE THE REPAIRABILITY SCORE AS A FILTER CRITERION
Integrate the repairability score in your filter search modules to allow a selection of products based on their sustainability!
For full compatibility with "Repairability Score", we recommend our "Advanced Search 5" module. If you also want to improve your SEO ranking, for example on queries that include certain repairability scores, find out the Pro version of Advanced Search 5.
CLEAR DISPLAY ACCORDING TO THE MANDATORY SIGNAGE
- Display of the repairability score thanks to the official signage: colored pictogram and score out of 10
- Official color codes used, depending on the score value: red (from 0 to 1.9), orange (from 2 to 3.9), yellow (from 4 to 5.9), light green (from 6 to 7.9) and dark green (from 8 to 10)
- Ability to display the repairability score badge on the product list pages: category, brand, supplier, search results,...
- Repairability score badge position: place the badge where you want thanks to the widget mode! By default, on a product page it will be positioned on the displayProductAdditionalInfo hook (under the add to cart button) and on a product list page, it will be positioned on the displayProductListReviews hook
- Compatible with Quick View mode
- Visit the list of devices for which the display of a repairability index is mandatory.
- Work in complete safety: In order to ensure the compatibility of the Repairability Score module with the rest of your installed modules, we recommend to firstly install the module in a pre-production environment. Our Parachute service allows you to easily duplicate your shop on a test environment and secure your production releases, come and discover it! For example, you can test the integration of the Repairability Score module with your PrestaShop theme in complete security.