- PrestaShop Compatibility:
v126.96.36.199 -> v188.8.131.52
Test different variations of your pages, in order to choose the most efficient one
A/B Fighting is a PrestaShop A/B Testing module that is simple to deploy, and which requires no subscription. It will set up variations of your pages and will give the statistical management responsibility to Google Analytics who will be in charge of declaring the best form of the page at the end of the series of tests.
What is A/B Testing ?
It is just a way to test multiple versions of your pages to learn which one gives the best results: more sales, more registrations, more clicks, etc...
50% of visitors see version A, 50% see version B. This is where the term A/B testing comes from. It is also called split testing.
As soon as one of the two versions is found to bring more sales, registrations, or clicks, the "losing" page is eliminated, and a new version is tested again. And so forth. To infinity...
A sales page is not a static thing. It is a playground…an area that is constantly evolving, that is tested and re-tested. This is done, because it is simply the only way to improve its functioning over time.
An example of how it works
Your objective: To improve the conversion rate of your product pages.
Your first test will be to evaluate your “Add to Shopping Cart” button (the text, shape, color, and placement).
- In the “Behavior” section of your Google Analytics account, select "Tests" in order to create a test, and to get your test key.
- Create a new A/B test from the A/B Fighting module
- Enter your Google Analytics test key and specify that you want to test the “Product” pages
- Select your alternative product template, an alternative CSS style sheet, or simply use our CSS Editor that is integrated into the module, which allows you to change your “Add to Shopping Cart” button.
- Save to retrieve your product page’s alternative URL, and enter it on your Google Analytics test.
Test any type of page or check a specific page!
A/B Fighting lets you create as many page variations as you want.
You can also limit a test to a single product, a category page, or a manufacturer or supplier. In addition, all the controls can be tested; you can test different forms for account creation, shopping cart pages, subscription to your newsletter, check-out pages, etc...
- Unlimited number of tests
- Use Google Analytics (free account required)
- Compatible with multiple shops
- Allows you to test all the controls attached to a page
- Page variations may come from a specific TPL file, CSS files, or JS files (either external or entered using “inline” mode).
10/29/2014 - Version 1.0.2 (Minor update) - Prestashop 184.108.40.206 > 220.127.116.11
- Improvement: If test is enabled, but filtered item not into the list, redirect to canonical
- Only enable OrderController if we are into the shopping cart (step 0)
07/25/2014 - Version 1.0.1 (Minor update) - Prestashop 18.104.22.168 > 22.214.171.124
- Fix for PrestaShop 126.96.36.199
04/18/2014 - Version 1.0.0 (Major update) - Prestashop 188.8.131.52 > 184.108.40.206